Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Abstract Paintings






I've recently been exploring more abstraction in my painting and find that I really like the freedom it presents. Here are two of my latest explorations, they are acrylic on canvas and measure 22"X22".
The first picture is called Vieux Carre' because of the colors which remind me of Mardi Gras. This Carnival season is just around the corner!
The second painting was spontaneous and after closer inspection I realized it strongly reminded me of a road, a bridge, and the ocean so it is called Road to the Beach.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed painting them.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new color pallet. Your new images are great. What's with the name change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.....did you ?see them in the gallery Roza, it's my middle name. I started signing it on some of my paintings in Mexico and I like it, sort of like your MIC, me likey.

    ReplyDelete